The District will also accept other proof, such as documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child has been placed by a federal agency.
To Parents/Persons in Parental Relation:
The Fabius-Pompey Central School District uses a centralized registration process. To register your child, you must provide the following documents along with the completed registration packet:
Proof of Residency
Please submit evidence establishing the physical residence of you and your child in the District. Such evidence may include:
- A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within in the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
- Such other statement by a third party establishing physical residence in the District of the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation.
If the documentation listed above is not available, the District will consider other forms of documentation, which may include, but will not be limited to:
Proof of Guardianship
- Pay stub;
- Income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents (e.g., library card) based upon residency;
- Voter registration document(s);
- Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification, state or other government-issued identification;
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
The District may require you to provide an affidavit either:
- Indicating that you are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully resides; or
- Indicating that you are the person(s) in parental relation to the child, over whom you have total and permanent custody and control, and describing how you obtained total and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise.
Proof of Age
The District will require documentation and/or information establishing your child’s age. Please supply a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism, including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism, giving the date of birth. When such documentation is not available, a passport, including a foreign passport, may be used.
When a birth certificate or passport is not available, the District may consider certain other evidence, which has been in existence two years or more. Other evidence may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
Evidence of Immunizations and Physical Examination
- Official driver’s license;
- State or other government-issued identification;
- School photo identification with date of birth;
- Consulate identification card;
- Hospital or health records;
- Military dependent identification card;
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
- Court orders or other court-issued documents;
- Native American tribal document; or
- Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.
In accordance with New York State’s Public Health Law, the District must also receive evidence that your child has been immunized in accordance with the New York State Department of Health Immunization Bureau’s Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance. These records will be necessary to ensure your child’s continued attendance. Additionally, please provide records of any recent physical examination your child has received. New York State mandates that each new student entering a public school is required to have a physical examination upon entering the District. A physical examination completed within twelve months of the first day of the school year in question will meet this requirement.
If you have any questions with respect to the foregoing, please contact our District Office at (315) 683-5301.
Request for Student Records Form
Enrollment Form/Residency Questionnaire
Home Language Questionnaire - English
Home Language Questionnaire - Spanish
Athletic Emergency Card for Modified Sports (For students entering grades 7 and 8)
NYSPHSAA Section III Sports History Form (For students entering grades 7-12)
Kindergarten Questionnaire (For students entering kindergarten)
Health Screening Form (For students entering kindergarten)